Last Modified: 21 July 2021
Although duty and care is taken to provide you, the amazing reader, with accurate and truthful information, please note that although countless investigations are undertaken to pick up any glitches, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of all the information we post. For example prices may be subject to change, and typographical errors may occur. We will do our best to keep this site up to date with correct information as we don’t want any of you to be confused by anything you read or see. Understand that this is a manual process, so please realise that we may not be able to remove or edit particular parts immediately.
If you find anything suspect or misleading in any way, please contact us.
We respect and uphold your rights to privacy protection under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
2 What is your personal information?
3 What personal information about you does Grill’d collect or hold?
If you are a customer or prospective customer, Grill’d may collect or hold information received as a result of any dealing, transaction or interaction with you, including:
• your contact details, such as name, age or date of birth, address, phone numbers, social media identifiers and email address;
• any information you provide to us as a result of any dealing, transaction or interaction (for instance any feedback or requests for information);
• your location information, if you permit the website and/or application to access location-based services or functionality through the permission system in your device, we may collect the precise location of your device when the website and/or application is running in the foreground or background in order to deliver your order or to send you alerts such as the location of your nearest Grill’d restaurant.
• details of the menu items you have purchased from us;
• any information you submit for the purposes of participating in promotional programs or collected as part of the administration of any such program; or
• any information you provide to us when you place an order via our online ordering service, including credit card or debit card details.
If you are a prospective franchisee, Grill’d may collect or hold information relevant to becoming a franchisee, including:
• your contact details, including name, address, profession, occupation or job title, phone numbers and email address; and
• financial and other related information you submit to us as part of your application to become a franchisee.
If you are an applicant for employment, Grill’d may collect or hold information relevant to such employment, including:
• your contact details, including name, age or birth date, address, phone numbers and email address; and
• employment and other information you submit to us as part of your application for employment (which includes any information contained in any resume you provide to us).
Grill’d may also collect or hold other information you have provided to us which can be used to identify you as a result of any dealing, transaction or interaction with us which is not specified above.
Grill’d may also collect and hold statistical information regarding the use of our website and/or application which may include your device’s internet protocol address and the date and time of your visit.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website and/or application.
You must not provide us with personal information of another person, other than with our express permission. If at any time you provide the personal information of another person to us then you must ensure that that person has read and understood this policy and separately consents to that personal information being used and disclosed by us for the above purposes.
4 How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may also collect in other ways including:
• through your access and use of our website and/or application;
• in-store by providing your business card for our “Getting Down to Business” program and other programs;
• by phone or email, or via social media;
• by registering for an account;
• by submitting online orders through our online ordering service;
• through participation in our promotions; or
• when you complete an application (including in respect of ‘Local Matters’, a position of employment or a franchise opportunity) or submit a purchase order.
5 Cookies and passive information collection
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of devices connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website and/or application, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
6 What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
• we may not be able to provide you with your favourite Grill’d products and services to the same standard;
• we may not be able to accept or fulfil orders through our online ordering service;
• we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts or special promotions; or
• we may be unable to tailor the content of our website and/or application to your preferences and your experience of our website and/or application may not be as enjoyable or useful.
7 What does Grill’d do with your personal information and why do we collect and hold it
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform to provide the best possible quality of customer service and give you and your fellow customers what you want.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information about for the following purposes:
• to assist in providing goods and services to you;
• to assist in responding to any requests you make to us;
• to communicate promotional offers and special events;
• to process orders submitted via our online ordering service and process payments for those orders;
• to assess the performance and to improve the operation of the website and/or application;
• for the internal administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product development, quality control and research purposes of Grill’d and its franchisees and associates;
• to process and assess applications received by us (for instance in selecting franchisee candidates or employment candidates);
• to administer any completed agreement and provide the services thereunder;
• to administer any programs which Grill’d may decide to implement;
• to administer any promotions or offers;
• to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
• to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any
• for any other purpose made known to you at the time of collection of your personal information.
Grill’d may disclose the information collected to agents and employees of Grill’d and/or franchisees of Grill’d and/or their agents or employees but only for the purpose for which such information was collected.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for the operation of our business, eg regarding payment of your account).
8 Who can we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
• our employees, our franchisees, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website and/or application or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, third party payment providers, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
• suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
• any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
9 Direct marketing materials
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
10 How can you access and correct your personal information?
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or it if would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any results.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
11 What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website and/or application is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
13 Third party payment providers
Orders submitted through our online ordering service must be paid for by credit card, debit card or other payment methods via the payment facility provided. This secure payment facility is provided by a third party payment gateway provider. We do not store your full credit card or debit card details. You can save your preferred payment method through your online ordering account, but our third party provider will store these details for future retrieval. You expressly consent to us sharing your personal information to any third party payment provider we engage from time to time.
14 Off-shore disclosure
Some of our third party service providers are located in countries outside of Australia (including but not limited to the United States of America, Singapore, Tokyo, Seoul and Mumbai). Our contracts with these parties generally include an obligation for them to comply with Australian privacy law and this policy. However you acknowledge that, by agreeing to the disclosure of your Information to these entities outside of Australia, we will no longer be required to take reasonable steps to ensure the overseas recipient's compliance with the Australian privacy law in relation to your Information and we will not be liable to you for any breach of the Australian privacy law by these overseas recipients and, on this basis, you consent to such disclosure.
15 Contacting us
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Our contact details are as follows:
Grill’d Support Office
Phone: (03) 9426 1200
Post: Level 2/4-10 Amsterdam Street, Richmond, Victoria 3121
References to “Grill’d” or “we” are references to Grill’d Pty Ltd (ACN 106 297 394), Grill’d Franchising Pty Ltd (ACN 116 019 231), Grill’d IP Pty Ltd (ACN 116 019 213) and Grill’d Leasing Pty Ltd (ACN 116 019 259).
Although we intend to observe this policy at all times, it is not legally binding on Grill’d in any way. From time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside the policy. Grill’d may do so, subject only to any other applicable contractual rights you have and any statutory rights you have under the Act or other applicable legislation.